Refinishing kitchen cabinets – The oak is a choice popular for kitchen cabinets due to its neutral color and complements a variety of other finishes. Wood, however, is also very light and can easily stain substances with a kitchen which is repeatedly exposed. Even cleaning your cabinets regularly, stains can penetrate much over time to be removed with cleaning of common wood materials. When this occurs, tweak the oak cabinets with a matching ink gel may be the best option.
7 Photos Gallery of: How to refinishing kitchen cabinets oak
- Remove the screws holding the door of the closet and drawers with a screwdriver your refinishing kitchen cabinets. Remove any other accessories and save. Place these items on top of a large thick canvas. Spend tape around the edges of the cabinets to protect the walls and cover the counters with more tarps or newspaper stuck with tape.
- Clean all wood with disodium phosphate this cleaner will remove any sealant, grease, dirt and other debris from the surface. Remove excess cleaner with a damp cloth and dry all wood with towels.
- Sand the surface of the cabinets, drawer fronts and doors evenly with 150 grit sandpaper and sand Remove any sealant all remaining areas. All wood surfaces should be matte. Wipe the area with a vacuum cleaner.
- Dip a clean white cloth in the liquid sandpaper and apply to refinishing kitchen cabinets wood sanded in a generous even layer. Let the product sit for an hour and wipe off the excess with another clean white cloth.
- Apply the gel ink color on oak cabinets, drawer fronts and doors with the brush. Apply the paint in short strokes, straight in one direction in a thin layer.
- Dip just the tip of the bristles of the brush in the paint and with circular motions pass it on together to standardize them. With light taps on the wood surface, use the cloth to remove any excess ink that may form puddles on the surface. Let the paint dry for 24 hours.
- Apply a second coat of paint if desired. Let all painted wood dry out a day when the appearance pleases you. Cover the cabinets, drawers and doors with two layers of polyurethane, wait 48 hours and then reinstall all the wooden fittings.
We invite you to look at our 12 results of refinishing kitchen cabinets in the photo gallery. Bound to find many ideas to adapt to yours.